#ForTheThrone | Game of Thrones (HBO)



Every battle.
Every betrayal.
Every risk.
Every fight.
Every sacrifice.
Every death.
All #ForTheThrone.


The final season of Game of Thrones returns in April 2019.

*SPOILER AHEAD FOR GOT Season 7*

Featured in the video promo clip are scenes from past seasons of GOT (with no new footage for folks and fans to pick apart), along with an intriguing hashtag of "#ForTheThrone", not exactly an answers to the previous season's "#WinterIsComing, innit? Obviously "winter" has come, and more likely to be solved, before everyone else fights for the throne, innit? Season 8 will have 6 episodes to be devoured, and we'll just have to wait a few effin' months more, don't we?

*SPOILER AHEAD FOR GOT Season 7*

I had been very late to the GOT-Game, excruciatingly so, having only devoured Season 7 with abandoned, and previous seasons supplemented by fan-made videos on youtube, offering me the choice bits to help connect the stories and "important" milestones which mattered to the story, I suppose.

Remembering I was quite adamant back in the day to start, waiting for a "decent time" to start, and next thing I know, 6 seasons had gone back and there was in no way I could backtrack and have the patience to sit thru all of the episodes, regardless if I had Stroke to aid me in being sedentary enough to sit through said episodes!

And truthfully, I was not that huge a fan of the quasi-medival setting, and the hype surrounded the show and books, turned me off starting watching, to be honest. I might hype toys and collectible for a "living" on my blogs, but I rarely buy into the hype myself, unless I experience it for myself ... and thus my decision to each Season 7 from the beginning, was born of (not so simple) "curiosity", and for the purposes of this blog, I admit ... And as importantly (I feel), the recognition that the people and costumes had "evolved" from my impressions of the show much earlier. The clothes have changed. This faux "history" of the characters had left a certain visage and aesthetic that agreed with me, if I may so arrogantly say/admit. The characters have reached a certain station in their fictional lives, they actually look more like "city urban dwellers", as opposed to the squalor of the backstreets seen in earlier season, IMHO, which perhaps was more visually palatable to my understanding and absorption of whatever had laid before me on the tv/computer screen.

And by the end of Season 7, I had been HOOKED and am ready to welcome Season 8 with opened arms! Stake me with your frozen blade, and bring me to the edge of fantasy!

Cheers
Andy TOYSREVIL

Comments