#watched Netflix’s #StrangerThings (Season 1)

#watching #Netflix #StrangerThings season1 #betterlatethannever #iliketeevee

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


SO THIS HAPPENED DURING MY WEEKEND;

About to begin the last episode of Netflix’s #StrangerThings now, and am somewhat missing the show already! A part of me still feels I could have waited for Season 2 to begin, and I’d binge on Season 1 before starting 2, so there would not be a "wait", ya know? I've been waiting for so long anyways hahaha

(I’d finished the entire series over the course of a weekend)

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


MY IMMEDIATE IMPRESSIONS AS THE CREDITS ROLLED;

#StrangerThings (Season 1) deserved all it's accolades and success.

One of the main reasons why it has taken me so long to watch this series on Netflix, was that by the time it aired, I had blogged and featured about it so incessantly (on my blogs), there would not have been much left to "surprise" me, and had felt I needed to give myself a chance to "forget" about what I had featured about "somewhen", can came back to watch it with a much lesser memory or impression of it, somewhat "fresher", without knowledge of the series blogged about ... Welcome to my #bloglife LOL

Rachel Pingel (of A Clockwork Orange Collector / Stuff I Want Things I Need / Twitter @MelancholyChild) shared a view I had exactly identified with (and alas guilty of being the hypebeast involved :p)
"I was a bit delayed seeing it myself, watched it a couple of month after it's release. I enjoyed it a lot, though I wish I could've seen it without any prior knowledge … even just knowing the names and what characters looked like I think tainted my view of the show a bit. The excessive onslaught of Eleven toys/art/etc. are a good example.

By the time I saw the show I knew every outfit I’d see her in in the series... I knew what the monster looked like, I new the names of the boys(and what one or two of them looked like).... even such simple things as names/faces can influence how you view a show.

Drives me nuts sometimes that people can't just keep all this to themselves, at least for a week or two after release."

#watching #StrangerThings season1 #milliebobbybrown #eleven #iliketeevee

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


And also, given the accolades heaped upon it "then", I'm the sort of guy who might feel pretty adversed to it LOL ... I hype stuff, but ironically I don't necessarily buy into the hype immediately ... well, I do, but ... you know what I mean, I hope :) The long "wait" for Season 2 has just begun for me now....

Cheers,
Andy TOYSREVIL

"A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl."
Stranger Things stars Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Finn Wolfhard, Millie Brown, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Natalia Dyer, Cara Buono, Charlie Heaton, and Matthew Modine.

Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer (Wayward Pines, Hidden) serve as writer, directors and co-showrunners of the series, and are executive producers along with Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen via their 21 Laps entertainment banner (The Spectacular Now, Night At The Museum, Real Steel, Date Night). Shawn Levy also serves as director. Stranger Things is a Netflix original series.

Comments

POPULAR POSTS