#watched Ex Girlfriend Club S1E12 Finale


So the 12-part EX GIRLFRIEND CLUB ended with mostly happy-ever-afters and problems resolved regardless of details, and I am fine with that. I am not up in arms over bows tied, or elbow-nudges, and welcome the little smile I had on my face by the time credits rolled. No ticker-tape parade, no fireworks in the night-sky.

Perhaps I am not as "invested" into the story nor characters as much to argue otherwise, or perhaps the series ended as practical as the circumstance(s) allowed? Celebratory dinner at the cafe "forced" or otherwise hahaha … but whatever "dread" I held for the romance between Myung-soo and Soo-jin have shown to be unfounded, and everyone ends with a smile.

I dare claim all these simply because I had also finished another South Korean television series ("The Producers") and have a basis of comparisons for me feelings and opinions as well :)


Not much spoilers to be had nor shared too, with the screensnaps shown here essentially providing the story, although there were some one-liners and situation which attempts to squeeze the laughter beyond it's initial welcome, IMHO - especially the ending sequence, but that is the cynical me acting up my own fears and opinions LOL

#watched #EXGirlfriendsClub #kdrama #koreandrama Ep.12 finale

A photo posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Overall, the entire 12-episodes were a pleasant journey for me, but not "life-altering" in any way, besides the refreshing notion of love-love personal dramas in contrast to the generational tragedy-dramas which populate local television (in Singapore) ad nauseum.

I could have happily gone through life without watching this series, but I do not regret watching it, ya know? I certainly had guilt-free-fun - it's all good :)

And I'll remember the theme song for the series; "알록달록" (Variegated) performed by 잔나비 (Jannabi):

RECAP: "Ex-Girlfriend Club (Hangul: 구여친클럽; RR: Guyeochingeulreob) is a 2015 South Korean television series starring Byun Yo-han, Song Ji-hyo, Lee Yoon-ji, Jang Ji-eun and Ryu Hwayoung. It aired on tvN from May 8 to June 13, 2015 on Fridays and Saturdays at 20:30 for 12 episodes.

Originally scheduled for 16 episodes, the series was cut down to 12 episodes when ratings proved disappointing. However, international support is evident with a large number of fans trying to push for the creation of an Ex-girlfriend Club DVD."
(Wiki)

Comments

POPULAR POSTS