#watched HUMANS Ep8 + My Impressions of Season 1


With the completion of HUMANS with Episode 8, I was left with a slight tinge of disappointment - for the lack of "excitement", while at the same time appreciating the languid pace of the Channel4 series, which offered a look into a near-future parallel world of reality, where androids AKA "Synths" live amongst us.
ABOUT: "In a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live." (IMDb)

The climax was anti-climactical with a perpetual overcast, although never quite gotten ever that close to nirvana in the first place, after 7 episodes … but it worked in the context of the series, and that I understood and accept … Not everything needed to have Hollywood-styled explosions and hail of gunfire, IMHO. The lack of lustre and aplomb made this a real "British" project for me - as "cliched" a notion as that may sound - and I am fine with that.

Even with the AMC co-branding, this is more of a British project than an America bang-n-crash outing, so folks down with this sort of idea would be interested to give this series a whirl, at least I was glad I did :)

CLICK HERE to read my initial impressions of the series when I first started on it (Eps 1+2).



Comments

POPULAR POSTS