Trailer for THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY on Netflix

WHAT-IS: "A dysfunctional family of superheroes comes together to solve the mystery of their father's death, the threat of the apocalypse and more. Adapted from the comic created by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá. "

"When it rains, it pours." Here's your first look at The Umbrella Academy. Coming to Netflix February 15.


It was sheer curiosity that had led me to read Dark Horse's THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY, no less that the exquisite covers featuring art by James Jean (which I remembered posting on MySpace for pete's sake lol), and as well I've been a fan of My Chemical Romance (before their "Black Parade" album, tbh), and wondered howtheheck Gerard Way would write a comicbook? And dammit I was blown away, and feel for it hook+line+sink (at least for the first series)! And I've still wanted the toys tho...!


Then hearing about Netflix adapting it into a live-action series, left me quite unable to process the practicality and verve of the comicbook, which I had felt stood alone amidst the super-hero fare of that time. I am choosing to not pre-judge it, until I am able to devour the entire series, as I had done for the comicbook series.

Then THIS trailer got released ... and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY premieres on Netflix in February 2019, and I cannot think of a more exciting way to start the year with!

(Stills & Images via IMDb)

Comments

POPULAR POSTS