#School2017 (#KDrama) on KBS World


I’ve since started a new K-drama series (quite randomly, actually) with “School 2017”, and it has been a minute since I’ve watched any Korean-drama shows, indeed! I reckon the last one being “Jealousy Incarnate”, while giving up trying to chase “Goblin” too LOL

I’ve always been somewhat attracted to school-based story-shenanigans, ala “GTO” and it’s ilk, perhaps looking out for a semblance of my own teen youth experience in school? Although in this particular drama, the protagonist’s interest in drawing her own webtoons, is somewhat more enticing a notion to follow, IMHO.

Admiring her ability to project her interest on a online platform, when I remembered my own passion in drawing comicbooks only manifest as a “hobby”, and not having the brains nor confidence enough to “self-publish”, until decades later now when I am thinking of self-publishing something no one else might read LOL

I am trying to think of any further interest to the series, beyond my self-serving regrets of the past, but frankly am still on the fence, as I’m trying to understand and navigate the school system in South Korea, versus the education system I grew up with - some parallels, and some not, even decades later.

Also, yet on another self-serving notion, in trying to understand my students motivations and thoughts, even though as a part-time lecturer I am limited to the time I spend with them in school, and of how ineffective I am … But perhaps I am looking at it in the wrong direction? And should just enjoy the drama that unfolds before me… :p

WHAT-IS: School 2017 (Hangul: 학교 2017; RR: Hakgyo 2017) is a South Korean television series starring Kim Se-jeong, Kim Jung-hyun, Jang Dong-yoon, Han Sun-hwa, and Han Joo-wan. It premiered on KBS2 on July 17, 2017 and airs every Monday and Tuesday at 22:00 KST. The series is the seventh installment of KBS2's School franchise." (Wiki)

SYNOPSIS: ”The plot follows a class of high school students who are overcoming the stress of being ranked by their exam grades, and facing the difficulties of being a teenager in a pressurised and corrupt system. Its central protagonist is Ra Eun-ho (Kim Se-jeong), a cheerful and kind-hearted 18-year-old who dreams of being a webtoon artist but is caught up in the search for a mysterious troublemaker in the school, known as 'Student X'. When she is accused of being Student X, her dream of going to university to study art is put at risk as she faces expulsion.” (Official Website)

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Can Tae-Woon take Eun-Ho’s “response” in Ep.11? I cannot wait to see what happens next in Ep.12 (airing a day after). Meanwhile, here’s a preview of Ep.12:

Comments

POPULAR POSTS