The CW’s “The Flash” Season 3 First Look @ Comic-Con #SDCC2016
”Everything in Barry’s world has changed to become … Flashpoint.
The Flash premieres Tuesday, October 4 on The CW. And according to arrow.wikia.com, these are a few “confirmed” plot-points which might be of “interest”, well, at least to me tho :p
- There will be a four-way crossover between Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow in December 2016.
- Caitlin Snow's past will be revealed.
- Tom Cavanagh will return as a different character.
- Cisco Ramon/Vibe will get a full costume.
- Wally West will become Kid Flash this season.
- In the new timeline, Cisco will not have been hit by the dark matter wave. Cisco is the richest man in America in the new timeline.
- An unnamed speedster dressed in black and orange will appear, and both him and “Docter Alchemy” will both be the big bads of the season.
Embedded below is the SDCC Panel for THE FLASH at the annual San Diego Comic Con 2016 (July 20-24)!
IN COMICS: ”“Flashpoint” is a 2011 comic book crossover story arc published by DC Comics. Consisting of an eponymous core limited series and a number of tie-in titles, the storyline premiered in May 2011. The core miniseries was written by Geoff Johns and pencilled by Andy Kubert. In its end, the series radically changes the status quo for the DC Universe leading into the publisher's 2011 relaunch, The New 52.
Flashpoint details an altered DC Universe in which only Barry Allen seems to be aware of significant differences between the regular timeline and the altered one, including Cyborg's place as the world's quintessential hero, Superman's detention by the government, and a Thomas Wayne version of Batman who spends his days "running Wayne Casinos.""
COMIC BOOK SYNOPSIS: ”Barry Allen wakes up to discover everything and everyone around him has changed. He has no powers, his mother Nora (deceased in his own timeline) is alive; his father, Henry, died of a heart attack three years ago (instead of in prison). Captain Cold is Central City's greatest hero, and the Flash, the Justice League, and even Superman do not exist.
In Gotham City, Batman throws a criminal off a building. Cyborg and Batman have a conference with a group of superheroes to discuss how Wonder Woman's Amazons have conquered the British Isles, while Aquaman's Atlanteans have sunk the rest of Western Europe, and the battle between the two has caused massive death and destruction. America is similarly endangered. The heroes cannot cooperate to find a solution, and the meeting is ended.
Barry Allen drives to the Batcave where Batman attacks him. Batman is revealed to be Thomas Wayne—in this timeline his son, Bruce, has died instead of his wife and him…” (Wiki)